I was one of those who attended the World Youth Day in 1995 and I consider myself very lucky. I was fortunate to see Pope John Paul II, even from afar.

I was very young back then. I'm not really sure what's going on but I know everyone was celebrating. Everyone was so joyful to see the Pope. I felt joyful too.

World Youth Day, UST (1995)
with my mom and aunt
Now that he's already beatified, I became more proud that I have witnessed his love, his humility and kindness. He was a very well-loved Pope for he had done so many great things to the church and to its people.

Beatification is the last step before canonization. I'm not sure if I could still witness that momentous event 'cause that's a very long process. But I'm sure he will be a saint.

The Pope's beatification took only 6 years after he died. He was beatified because of the miracle that happened with a French nun who was cured of Parkinson's disease after she prayed to Pope John Paul II. And now he is only one miracle away from being a saint.

Let's continue the legacy of Blessed John Paul and make our own miracles come true. I remembered these two songs from the World Youth Day:
Let us tell the world of His love, the greatest love the world has known. Search the world for those who have walked astray and lead them home.
 For together we stand, divided we fall. Together we climb to the top of the world. We can be what we want for the world to see. That we are the children of yesterday's dream.
Blessed John Paul II, you will always be in our hearts!

0 comments