Classes will start in a few days so I bought all the things I needed for school. And there's only one thing I needed-- a notebook. I'm maarte in terms of choosing my notebook. I consider the quality, the design and the price. Last year, I bought a Stradmore wirepin notebook called "Why Ask Why?". It is full of interesting questions like, "Why are boxing rings square?" and "Is there another word for synonym?" It's a good thing I have that notebook because if the lecture is boring, I'd just stare on my notebook and suddenly my boredom would fade away.


For this year I bought a notebook called "Pinoy Signs." It contains funny but true characteristics most Filipino have. And since today is the 112th Independence Day, I will share with you some signs that really apply to me and other Filipinos out there.

Signs That You're PINOY:



You have a giant wooden spoon and fork hanging in your dining room.

You have a 'tabo' on your bathroom.

You wash and re-use plastic utensils and styrofoam cups.

You have a rosary on your car rear view mirror.

You have an auntie Girlie, a lola Baby or an uncle Boy. (Gosh, I have the three.)

You keep used batteries.

You 'open' and 'close' the lights instead turning it on or off.

You say 'cutex' instead of nail polish.

You're always on 'Filipino time'. (This is my favorite Filipino practice. lol. )

You point with your lips.

You don't own any real food containers, only a cabinet full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers and jam jars.

..and my favorite of them all:

You know someone with a name that repeats itself, such as Jon-jon, Len-len, or Bing-bing. (add Noy-noy and Jo-jo. haha.)


You're not a true blue Pinoy if you can't relate. Do you have other signs? Share it on the comments section below.

Maligayang Araw ng Kalayaan! Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!

3 comments

  1. Jhiegzh // June 12, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

    How about kumain na nkakamay? Loves to eat tuyo at puso ung nkabalot na kanin sa dahon ny niyog? hehehe! ^^

  2. aryan // June 12, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

    yumuyukod kapag dadaan sa pagitan ng mga taong naguusap. nakapangpray pa ang kamay. XD

    we did a pinoy komedi on all the funny things pinoys do, just like these.

  3. aryan // May 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

    yumuyukod kapag dadaan sa pagitan ng mga taong naguusap. nakapangpray pa ang kamay. XD

    we did a pinoy komedi on all the funny things pinoys do, just like these.