Prelims week is officially over. All I can say is.. That was one helluva week! After those days of sleeping so late and waking up early to study, I'm happy that the first ever major exam for my majoring years is done.

But wait, there's more... I'm just halfway of my program.. I still have 5 more semesters to go. Naiinip na talaga ako.

Oh yeah, I'll make kwento about the exams nga pala..(Feel ko mag-taglish ngayon. haha) Hmm.. overall, the exams were okay. Not that easy and not really too difficult to answer. Electronics, Vector Analysis and Electrical Engineering were the subjects that I am in the brink of failing. But thank God the exams went well (I guess?).

The only subject that bothers me is Computer Networks. This subject is about, uhm.. computers and networks, obviously. LOL. We are studying under Cisco Networking Academy. I don't know if you've heard about Cisco, but if not, I'll give you an idea. Cisco is a company that is famous for selling routers. Maybe your router's name is Linksys or Valet, then it's under Cisco systems. Trivia: UST is using Cisco routers.

So yeah, Cisco has an online academy. Students all over the world enroll under their curriculum to learn more about networking, wireless connections, internet, and such. They say that to be Cisco-certified is an edge when you're applying jobs. Then that means... I have the edge! I am actually at the edge..of failing my Cisco course!

Honestly, I am not intelligent. I love numbers, I like solving math problems. I hate memorizing long lists of definitions and tons of paragraphs. That's why I took up Engineering, because I know I'll be dealing with digits only. But I am so wrong, I was not expecting that I'll be reading six long chapters of boring paragraphs for my Cisco exam. And to add up to my dilemma, we have to abide by Cisco's international standard of an 80% passing rate. That is so high compared to 60% in other subjects and 70% in the board exam! *sob* Can you feel my pain now?

I'm really sure I failed the preliminary exam. I think my score would not even reach 30. But the positive thing is.. I am really sure that no one passed the exam! :)) It was really really difficult and my intelligent classmates were also not sure with their answers.

But hey, it's not yet the end right? I still have chapter quizzes and final exam. I hope we all make it! Or else... I would not be Cisco-certified.

3 comments

  1. Hack To The Max // August 16, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

    go go go..kayang kaya mo yan... :D

  2. klomster // August 16, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

    salamat sa encouragement! :)

  3. aryan // August 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

    haha. oo nga, kaya pa yan. favorite saying ko nga, "habang may exam, may pag-asa." :))