Have you ever heard of the website SFOGS.com? I think it stands for Singapore's First Online Ghost Stories. The website became popular years ago and I don't know if it's still active. I don't want to visit it again because I'm kinda... scared. :|


It's Halloween and ghost stories are just around the corners of the blogosphere. I haven't seen a ghost or any supernatural beings yet, so I will just share my experience about SFOGS--the site that scared the hell out of me.

During the times when DSL connection is not yet present on households, my friends and I spend our free time on our favorite playground: computer shops. We play Star Craft, Counter Strike and update our Friendster accounts. When we don't have enough cash for computer rentals, we share on one PC. And what do we do? We visit SFOGS.
We browsed every category: pictures, videos and stories. We observed every picture and debated whether it's real or not. We were screaming while watching those scary videos. I don't know why, but we won't stop until we view all the contents of the site.. even if we're already scared to death. I must admit, we really got addicted to that site.

That experience had a big impact to me, but in a bad way. I could not sleep every night for almost a month. I cannot erase those pictures on my mind. I was like having nightmares even when I'm awake. Sometimes I had to finish all three mysteries of the Holy Rosary just to forget everything and sleep.

But now, I'm happy to say that I got over it completely. I became a bit brave when it comes to seeing scary pictures. I realized the 'magic of Photoshop'. Haha. I'm not scared to hearing ghost stories anymore. But I still don't like watching horror movies because I sleep alone in my bedroom and I usually sleep late. Just to play safe. :)

So there. I shared my scary experience. How about you? Have you visited SFOGS? 

7 comments

  1. Rhea // November 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

    hahaha that is a funny story. I guess i'll visit that site sis so I would have something to share with my sis and bro... thanks for that!

  2. Benh // November 1, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

    I haven;t checked that site. I search for it. Boo! happy holloween! :)

  3. Unknown // November 1, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

    well, i am well aware that ghost will exist if you let them be. on my case, i never have time dealing with that stuff, leave them restless. Why frustrated blogger? nice topics, you even nominated for that blog award about stuff.. hey stay cool baby..

  4. Webmaster // December 11, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

    HI there.
    Thanx for supporting the previous SFOGS.
    Btw, we have change our domain name to
    http://www.SFOGSzeRo.com

    You could also just type http://SFO.GS
    and it will be directed to the official page.

    SFOGS(Singapore's Fist Online Ghost Stories)
    Maybe Now, They Will Believe!!

  5. Webmaster // May 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

    HI there.
    Thanx for supporting the previous SFOGS.
    Btw, we have change our domain name to
    http://www.SFOGSzeRo.com

    You could also just type http://SFO.GS
    and it will be directed to the official page.

    SFOGS(Singapore's Fist Online Ghost Stories)
    Maybe Now, They Will Believe!!

  6. tim // May 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

    well, i am well aware that ghost will exist if you let them be. on my case, i never have time dealing with that stuff, leave them restless. Why frustrated blogger? nice topics, you even nominated for that blog award about stuff.. hey stay cool baby..

  7. Jamestenorio // December 8, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

    grade six days :)) ang tanda ko na grabe :))